Saturday, March 26, 2016

At the Cross: What the Cross Means!

Intro: Yesterday I went to my friends Good Friday service. Apart of his sermon the pastor talked about the cross and and what it symbolizes. I'm so excited to share it with you! Lets begin!



What does the cross symbolizes vertically ?



“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.   John 3:16 

. Jesus Christ sacrificed himself so me and you could be free! The cross vertically symbolizes a bridge and pathway. Jesus Christ made a way for us to connect to the Father. No longer will we "perish but have everlasting life". I just want to take a moment and say that if you have not accepted Jesus as your personal Savior. I would for you to do that right now. Just say these words in your prayer. Lord please forgive me for my sins that I have done. I believe that your Son Jesus Christ was beaten, died on the cross, and on the third day rose again. Lastly, Lord I accept you into my heart and life. I commit myself to follow you. In Jesus name. Amen.  


What does the cross symbolize horizontally? 

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners
                   Isaiah 61:1

Since the Lord died on the cross. He broke our chains. He mended our broken hearts, and we can live in freedom and with Christ we can fix our relationships.  The cross horizontally symbolizes the breaking of the chains between sin and us and the mending of our relationship with others. With Christ we can do anything!
Here is amazing song I love listening to called At the Cross by Chris Tomlin. It has been stuck in my head but it just reminds me what the cross symbolizes and how thankful I am for our Lord and his Son Jesus Christ. Have a blessed rest of your weekend. If you have any prayer request don't be shy to ask! Also have a  Happy Easter.

2 comments:

  1. I love Easter week. Thank you for sharing babe. My Pastor has been doing a sermon on cross = loves all this month. Love learning more about this beautiful symbol. Have a happy Easter!

    -Elise
    www.caturdaystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much !! Would love to maybe give you a shout on my blog ? Let me know what you think !

      Delete