Friday, March 4, 2016

Persistence Devotional



 Bible Story: The Parable of the Persistent Widow
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He " said: " In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people though. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea,'Grant me justice against my adversary.' For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't actually come and attack me!!"". And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice and quicklly." 
Little Back Story: During this time Jesus was telling his disciples a "parable". The definition of parable is story that conveys a meaning
The power of God is so impeccable. Jesus told this story to his disciples to show the power of persist praying. Sometimes it gets a little tough to keep going and to pray consistently. These verses encourages us to keep on praying. Sometimes its so hard to pray all the time because life can become really tough and busy. I can testify that I don't
pray all the time but, once I read this it reminded me about the power of God and prayer. Be encouraged to KEEP on going and PRAY. 



No comments:

Post a Comment