Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekly Devotion: Part 1 Who Am I? Knowing Who you are in Christ


Many times we ask ourselves the question Who am I? Especially when difficult decisions arise and hard times come up. This question actually arose today when one of my friends said that I am I never stressed. I know right. She said I am never stressed. I can say the opposite but, then I had analyzed what she she said. My answer back was that I was peaceful because I knew that Lord already has a plan and I know who I am in Christ.
"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" 
                                             Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
I studied this verse and my eyes really drew to the words "God's handiwork". It is amazing to say that I am God's workmanship. It says it right here in the text who we are as Christians.  Not only that, it also states why, or what is our purpose. It says that we are "created in Christ Jesus to do good works". I feel the Lord intentionally said "good works". Last but not least the Lord said that he had already "prepared in advance for us to do" what we should be doing. This verse is so powerful because it says who we are, what we are suppose to be doing, and that it was purposely planned for us to do this. A great question to ask yourself today is are YOU living out YOUR worth as God's handiwork? Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment